Are you a poet between the ages of 12 and 18 looking to get published? VOYA Magazine, the magazine for Voice of Youth Advocates which is devoted to the informational needs of teenagers, is looking for submissions for its annual poetry contest!
To enter, you must connect with a librarian, teacher, or other professional who works with youth and have them submit your entry on your behalf – the contest WILL NOT accept entries submitted by teens. VOYA judges will select the top five poems. When notified, sponsors must return the Publication Authorization form which gives parental permission to print the work of the winning poets. Each winner will receive a $20 cash prize and a copy of the April 2011 issue of VOYA.
Interested? Here are the submission guidelines:
- Your poem may be up to 30 lines on any topic
- It must be typed in a word document
- Include your name, age, town, and state; adult sponsor’s name, title, organization/school/library, address, phone and email on the SAME PAGE as your poem
- Name the document file with your last name (ie: Smith.doc)
- Attach the document to an email with “VOYA Teen Poetry Contest” and your last name in the subject line and send to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please submit only ONE poem for consideration
The deadline for entries is December 31, 2010. Good luck!